- Are you 14—20 years of age?
- Are you looking for fun and adventurous activities?
- Would you like to be active in your community?
If any of these apply to you, why not give Venturing a try? Scout Venture Crew #1321 meets at Grace Lutheran Church on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month in room #116 at 7 pm and is looking for more young men and women to join. No previous scouting experience is necessary.
Our next activities are:
- Sat 20 Feb 2016 Learn to Ski or Snowboard at Whitetail Ski Resort PA day and night skiing
Cost : All mountain Lift ticket using your own gear and helmet: $76
Beginner over 8 yrs of age, lesson, rentals and lift ticket for lower slopes: $93
All mountain lift ticket and rentals: $106
Depart Sat @ 6am, pack snacks and lunch, families over 8 years of age welcome, DRIVERS NEEDED
- Sat 12 Mar Cycle Indian Head Trail at White Plains
- 23-26 Mar Cabin camping at Camp Potomac on C&O Canal, biking, hiking etc
- 29 Apr - 1 May Phenomenon, Venturing only camp out at Broadcreek MD, multiple activities, shooting sports, archery, climbing wall, computering etc
- 28 May History Of Scouting Trail hike thru Washington DC
- 24-26 June Cycling and camp on C&O Canal
Our scout crew has provided community services like:
- provided meals for riders during a 100 mile fundraising cycle ride
- helped clean up during Charles Regional Hospital Fundraiser at Port Tobacco
- collected 600 lbs of food for local food banks during Scouting for Food
- placed candles at Antietam Battlefield
- helped with Advent activities at Grace Lutheran Church
For fun we:
- hiked in the Grand Canyon
- camped on the beach and enjoyed amusements at Morey's Pier in Wildwood NJ
- attended a Memorial Day Hike in Washington DC
- camped with other Venture Scouts
- hiked in the Shenadoah
- enjoyed a ski trip to Timberline resort in West Virginia